Growing in popularity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) continue to pique investor interest as an attractive mechanism through which a private company can raise growth capital and become a publicly traded entity. In 2020, the number of SPAC IPOs quadrupled from 2019 and 2021 is currently outpacing 2020 activity. Please join Bass, Berry & Sims and Perella Weinberg Partners for a complimentary webinar exploring the ins and outs of the SPAC and de-SPAC process. Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Jay Knight will lead a discussion with panelists Scott Ellyson, CEO at EQ Health Acquisition Corp. and Nikhil Menon, Managing Director at Perella Weinberg Partners, as they share their first-hand experience with this type of transaction. Speakers will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the SPAC market structure and trends.
- Advantages and disadvantages compared to a traditional IPO.
- Factors involved in the SPAC lifecycle.
- Potential PIPE considerations.
- De-SPAC transaction considerations.
Who Should Attend?
- Private company executives and directors considering capital raising and IPO alternatives.
- Private equity fund managers and portfolio company executives considering whether to become a SPAC sponsor and/or engage in a de-SPAC transaction as an exit strategy.
- In-house counsel at the above institutions.
- M&A advisors.
- Other interested professionals and advisors.
Submit questions upon registration or email them to Meg Reinsch.
This program is pending approval for one hour of General Tennessee CLE credit. Please provide your BPR number upon registration in order for Bass, Berry & Sims to report your participation to the Tennessee CLE Commission following the webinar.
Other State CLE
Bass, Berry & Sims does not seek direct accreditation from states outside of Tennessee, but some states allow attorneys to earn credit through reciprocity or self-submission. Certificates of completion and other common supporting documents will be provided for use in jurisdictions outside of Tennessee.