Bass, Berry & Sims attorney John Kelly will present at the Controlled Substances Summit presented by the American Conference Institute (ACI). This two-day interactive summit is an opportunity for industry professionals to gather and network with peers and discuss effective strategies to properly respond to investigations and assist with combating the opioid abuse epidemic.
John’s session titled, “Inside Perspectives on Federal and State Government Trends in Opioid Enforcement,” will dive into the most recent opioid enforcement actions and initiatives and provide unique insights on:
- Addressing hot-button orders to show cause and immediate suspension orders
- Exploring the evolving corresponding responsibility standard for pharmacists and related red flags
- Examining the appropriateness of criminal charges
- Tackling Medicare/Medicaid fraud through the Medicare Fraud Strike Force
- Establishing and deploying of task forces
The Controlled Substances Summit will be held May 29-30, 2019 in Washington, DC. For more information and registration, visit the ACI website.