Brand owners have more vehicles than ever to help drive awareness, demand and loyalty. From traditional media to ever evolving digital platforms, brand owners must balance engaging their target audiences with protecting their intellectual property assets. Bass, Berry & Sims' attorneys understand these business and legal issues and assist our clients with strategies that meet both of these goals.
Attorneys in our Digital Media, Content and Marketing Practice Group counsel companies, institutions, sports teams and leagues, agencies, artists and entertainers on the creation, distribution and monetization of content across multiple platforms. We also help clients analyze each aspect of their marketing and events strategies to ensure their campaigns include comprehensive rights, comply with applicable regulations and are properly protected regarding all intellectual property assets.
We have particular experience with:
- Licensing content and technologies for distribution via various forms of digital and traditional media.
- Representing licensors and licensees in programming and distribution agreements covering various types of audio-visual content (including, traditional video, as well as virtual reality and e-gaming).
- Structuring and running promotions, including sweepstakes, contests, sponsorships and loyalty programs.
- Reviewing and clearing advertising and promotional materials across traditional and digital media.
- Advising on digital and social media executions, including those relating to user-generated content.
- Drafting and negotiating events and marketing agency agreements, sponsorship and co-branding agreements and related talent arrangements.
- Counseling on privacy and data security laws governing collection, use and protection of personal information.