Our Intellectual Property & Technology Transactions Practice Group supports clients at every stage of the business cycle in domestic and international transactions that involve intellectual property (IP) rights and technology. Our attorneys structure, prepare and negotiate hundreds of intellectual property transactions and licenses each year from the perspectives of both the vendor and customers located within and outside the U.S. We work closely with our clients to understand the technology or other IP at stake and the rights and benefits or restrictions and protections needed by the client to make the transaction make sense for their business.
We collaborate with other practice groups to provide value added services to clients in healthcare and corporate mergers, dispositions, strategic alliances and business combinations, and financings and restructurings involving technology and IP assets. We counsel clients on IP issues that emerge in the context of these transactions and craft appropriate terms to allocate risk. Our attorneys conduct thorough due diligence, quickly identify key issues, and work with clients to ensure that the value and impact of IP assets are properly considered and addressed.
Our clients operate in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, life sciences, entertainment and media, information technology and software, automotive, transportation, retail and consumer products, insurance and financial services, and universities. Our knowledge of these industries helps us to develop creative and efficient solutions to advance our clients’ objectives.
Our work includes:
- Complex technology and IP licensing deals
- IP-driven strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Consulting, development and implementation services agreements
- Software, SaaS, cloud and other IT service agreements
- International technology transfers and cross-border transactions
- Outsourcing and managed services agreements
- Digital content and media deals
- Internet and e-commerce arrangements
- Manufacturing, distribution and supply agreements
- University research, development and cooperation agreements
- Clinical trial agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spinoffs and venture capital investments
We work hard to understand our clients and their businesses so that we can operate seamlessly as an extension of their internal teams.