Our results-oriented, business-minded deal attorneys work seamlessly with our nationally ranked healthcare regulatory attorneys to help private equity clients and their portfolio companies achieve their strategic goals. Clients rely on our deep understanding of healthcare law and our significant experience navigating the unique regulatory and business environment of the healthcare industry.
Since 2015, we have served as deal counsel in more than 85 private equity related transactions in the healthcare industry. We regularly assist private equity firms and their healthcare portfolio companies in structuring, negotiating and executing acquisitions and financings and in dispositions of healthcare investments through sales, recapitalizations and public offerings. Private equity firms utilize our comprehensive due diligence of healthcare targets to help uncover and assess key issues and regulatory and compliance risks associated with an investment and rely on the sophisticated guidance of our healthcare regulatory and compliance and investigations counsel.
We advise investors, portfolio companies and management teams in the following:
- Acquisitions and exits including:
- Platform and add-on acquisitions
- Due diligence and risk analysis
- Leveraged dividends and recapitalizations
- Leveraged buyouts
- Going private transactions
- Sponsor-sponsor transactions
- Initial public offerings and exit transaction services and preparation
- Management team representation and executive compensation matters
- Healthcare regulatory and operations
- Healthcare compliance and investigations
- Financing including minority interest transactions and mezzanine and senior financings
We also know that our private equity clients want true partners who offer more than legal advice. At the intersection of healthcare and private equity, we often connect sponsors with companies or successful executives seeking investment. To that end, we invite managing directors and executive management teams to discuss trends and foster opportunities at our annual Health Care Investors Conference co-hosted with Deloitte. Our attorneys are also active in the Association for Corporate Growth, the Healthcare Private Equity Association (HCPEA), the Nashville Health Care Council and other organizations.
We have experience representing clients in virtually every healthcare industry sector. Current hot spots for private equity investment include the following and are outlined in our focus areas.