We have a comprehensive mergers & acquisitions practice representing buyers and sellers in both public and private company strategic transactions, as well as financial sponsor transactions. Our firm has participated in more than 200 M&A deals ranging in size from $20 million to more than $15 billion in the last five years.
Our mergers & acquisitions experience spans most major industries and most major markets. Services we provide include:
- Advising public and private companies, boards of directors and special committees on legal issues related to the consideration of strategic alternatives
- Advising private equity firms and their platform companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions and financing activities
- Negotiating mergers, tender offers and stock and asset purchases and divestitures (both tax-free and taxable)
- Structuring spinoffs and recapitalizations, management buyouts and other going-private transactions
- Counseling directors on hostile transactions and takeover preparedness, including shareholder rights plans and change of control agreements, and
- Executing cross-border M&A transactions for multi-national clients in conjunction with our globally recognized international referral network, Lex Mundi.
Attorneys from our other practice groups are routinely involved in our M&A engagements to provide clients a full range of service in due diligence, risk analysis, tax structuring, employee benefits, executive compensation, real estate, environmental and intellectual property.
Our corporate M&A practice consists of more than 70 M&A attorneys, including nearly 40 experienced partners and a large group of talented and dedicated associates. The firm's M&A attorneys are heavily involved with the American Bar Association, for example one of our partners previously chaired the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA), another served as a past Chair of the ABA Business Law Section's Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, and one of our M&A attorneys currently serves as editor of the ABA's Deal Points publication. Our attorneys bring a practical, creative, and business-minded approach to an increasingly complex M&A environment, with an emphasis on project management, cost efficient staffing and client-driven results.