We have a comprehensive Mergers & Acquisitions Practice representing buyers and sellers in both public and private company strategic transactions, as well as financial sponsor transactions. Our firm has participated in more than 200 deals ranging in size from $20 million to more than $8 billion in the last five years.
Our experience spans most major industries and most major markets. Services we provide include:
- Advising public and private companies, boards of directors and special committees on legal issues related to the consideration of strategic alternatives
- Advising private equity firms and their platform companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions and financing activities
- Negotiating mergers, tender offers and stock and asset purchases and divestitures (both tax-free and taxable)
- Structuring spinoffs and recapitalizations, management buyouts and other going-private transactions
- Counseling directors on hostile transactions and takeover preparedness, including shareholder rights plans and change of control agreements, and
- Executing cross-border transactions for multi-national clients in conjunction with our globally recognized international referral network, Lex Mundi.
Attorneys from our other practice groups are routinely involved in our M&A engagements to provide clients a full range of service in due diligence, risk analysis, tax structuring, employee benefits, executive compensation, real estate, environmental and intellectual property.
Our corporate M&A practice is comprised of more than 20 experienced partners and a large group of talented and dedicated associates, including one of our partners who chaired the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA), a past Chair of the ABA Business Law Section's Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, and the current editor of the ABA's Deal Points publication. Our attorneys bring a practical, creative, and business-minded approach to an increasingly complex M&A environment, with an emphasis on project management, cost efficient staffing and client-driven results.