Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Amy Sanders Morgan co-authored the feature article in the January 2017 issue of Connections, the monthly publication of the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA). In the AHLA's annual review of the top 10 health law issues for the upcoming year, Amy co-authored the section about the outlook for the ACA under the new presidential administration. She commented, "[t]he primary metrics of success under the ACA—affordability, access, and quality—will undoubtedly remain significant, but perhaps with a new emphasis on personal responsibility. Shifting priorities (affordable for whom? access to what?) will reveal differences in our understanding of the fundamental goals of health reform."
The full list of the top 10 issues for 2017:
- Health care reform and the ACA
- MACRA implementation – Medicare physician payment reform continues in 2017
- Medicaid outlook
- The rise of ransomware
- Fraud and abuse: defying gravity
- Federal antitrust enforcement: another busy year in store
- Drug pricing
- Developments in telemedicine legal issues
- Nondiscrimination and the Affordable Care Act
- Property tax exemptions for nonprofit
The full article, "Top 10 Health Law Issues 2017," was published in the January 2017 issue of Connections and is available online (subscription required).