Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Greg Parker authored an article for InsideCounsel on the ways trademark owners can leverage the benefits of trademark registration in order to properly protect their brand. Once the trademark is registered with the USPTO, the owner should follow these post registration guidelines:
- Monitor and timely meet post-registration filing requirements;
- Put the public on notice of your federal registration through use of the "®" symbol ; and
- Be proactive with enforcement of your rights by policing your trademark’s use and enlisting custom officials to help with enforcement.
The full article, "You Successfully Registered Your Trademark. What's Next?," was published by InsideCounsel.com on June 21, 2016, and is available online or in the PDF below.
This content is part of a series of articles focused on intellectual property issues published by InsideCounsel.com and authored by Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys. Click the links below to read other articles in the series.
- "Can You Hear Me Now? How to Make Your Trademark Slogan Heard Over the Crowd," InsideCounsel.com (March 23, 2016)
- "(Don’t) Go Phish: IP Considerations Amid the Rise of Business Email Scams," InsideCounsel.com (April 6, 2016)
- "How to Enforce Your IP Rights Without Waking the Internet," InsideCounsel.com (April 27, 2016)
- "Using Social Media to Defend Against the Trademark Bully," InsideCounsel.com (July 19, 2016)
- "Get Ahead of the Game: The Impact of the New EU Data Protection Law," InsideCounsel.com (August 2, 2016)