Bass, Berry & Sims PLC announces the release of the Securities & Shareholder Litigation: 2015 Year-End Review, the firm's annual report on the most important trends and developments from the previous year affecting companies and their officers and directors. The report provides an extensive analysis of and practical guidance regarding the most significant updates in corporate and securities law in 2015.
The six key trends and topics covered in the report include:
- The establishment of the Tennessee Business Court in 2015.
- How different lower courts have interpreted the scope of the Supreme Court's decision in Omnicare, and the implications of these varying interpretations.
- Whether the rejection of disclosure-only settlements in Delaware's Chancery Court will mean the death of these types of settlements or will it force companies to seek other jurisdictions?
- What is the risk of liability for financial advisors in light of several recent court decisions?
- Updates and analysis on some of the most significant securities cases of 2015, including Pension Fund Group v. Tempur-Pedic Int'l, Inc., Bondali v. Yum! Brands, Inc., and Verble v. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, LLC.
- Attorney-client privilege considerations for in-house counsel of companies with global operations or affiliates.
Click below to view the Securities & Shareholder Litigation 2015 Year-End Review. We hope this review is useful. If you have any questions about the survey or would like additional information about the articles or the authors, please contact one of the authors listed. We look forward to working with you in the future.