Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Steele Clayton authored an article outlining seven litigation risks to keep in mind when negotiating a contract. Those issues include:
- If a promise made by a party prior to signing the contract is important to you, it needs to be in the written contract.
- How does the contract end?
- What happens if the parties can’t get along?
- What law controls the dispute?
- Who decides which party is right?
- Where will the dispute be decided
- What damages are recoverable?
The full article, "Negotiating a Contract: 7 Litigation Risks to Keep in Mind," was published on February 19 by IndustryWeek and available on the publication's website.