Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Todd Overman authored an article for Contract Management magazine that outlines the necessary steps to implementing a successful "novation" when transferring a federal government contract from one entity to another. The article, "Preparation is Key to a Successful Novation," appeared in the November 2014 issue of the magazine. In the article, Todd outlines the common problems in the novation process:
- Not communicating with the government early on
- Lack of understanding of when a novation is required
- Lack of substantive response in the novation package
- Not having the right resources available
- Not confirming the novation agreement has the appropriate date and contract modifications issued
Todd provides helpful tips in overcoming these potential problems to help expedite and streamline what can be very confusing process.
To read the full article, open the PDF below.