On September 30, 2014 Bass, Berry & Sims hosted a government investigations seminar titled "From Backroom to Boardroom: Strategies for Responding to Government Investigations." From search warrant to subpoena to raid, this forum provided practical takeaway tips for preparing for, responding to and resolving government investigations. With panel discussions filled with experienced counsel across multiple industries, the forum provided insight into investigations related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, healthcare fraud, and financial crimes related to the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys Wallace Dietz, Anna Grizzle, John Kelly and Eli Richardson welcomed the following guest speakers:
- Peter Coughlan - Senior Counsel, HCA Healthcare Corporation
- Robert Gallagher - Partner Forensic Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Jeffrey Goldberg - Deputy Chief of the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Joseph Hudzik - Hospital Counsel, MedStar Health, Inc.
- David Stainback - Director Forensic Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
At lunch, David Rivera, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, presented a keynote address titled "From the United States Attorney: Current Areas of Emphasis and Trends."
Please click here to access materials from this presentation.