John Greer has significant experience counseling clients on a variety of intellectual property and technology issues, including protecting and maintaining intellectual property assets, providing intellectual property guidance in corporate transactions, and drafting, revising, and negotiating a wide range of agreements.
Working with clients from a diverse set of industries, such as healthcare, technology, retail, media, lifestyle, finance, life sciences, automotive, and food & drug, John helps clients navigate a broad scope of issues, including:
- Intellectual property registration, protection, maintenance, and enforcement, including registration of trademarks and copyrights, and assisting clients with brand maintenance and protection strategies
- Intellectual property and technology license, hosting, support, maintenance, outsourcing, reseller, development, distribution, and supply agreements
- Intellectual property and technology issues arising in asset sales, mergers, financings, divestitures, and other corporate transactions
- Consulting agreements, technology transfers, strategic alliances, joint ventures, and other collaborations
- Employment agreements and internal corporate agreements, policies and procedures, including a variety of technology use and compliance policies
- Nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements and other privacy matters
- Legal and regulatory compliance issues
- Internet, search engine, e-commerce, and domain name matters
- Intellectual property litigation matters
Prior to joining the firm, John completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable J. Daniel Breen of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.