Krista Cooper advises healthcare providers and companies on the transactional and operational aspects of their businesses. She brings a well-rounded perspective to her practice gained from a 10-month in-house assignment with HCA, Inc., during which she provided legal advice for their more than 100 ambulatory surgery centers.
With both regulatory compliance and business objectives in mind, Krista helps clients identify the impact of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and other transactions. She assisted a large, national health system on a multi-billion dollar leveraged buy-out of a hospital company by analyzing regulatory and operational issues related to nearly 10,000 licenses and permits.
Krista's practice involves:
- Physician recruitment matters and drafting related agreements.
- Exclusive services arrangements (i.e. income subsidies) for hospital-based physicians, such as pathologists and radiologists.
- Call coverage agreements in light of OIG fraud and abuse guidance.
- Multiple physician employment and professional services agreements.
- Medicare and Medicaid audits and related appeals.