In the June 2017 issue of AHLA Connections, the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) released its annual ranking of Largest Healthcare Law Firms. This year, Bass, Berry & Sims was listed as the 6th largest healthcare practice in the nation.
The list is determined by using the number of firm attorneys that are AHLA members as of April 30, 2017. As of that date, Bass, Berry & Sims had 182 members of AHLA that work at least 50% of their time within the healthcare industry. Our attorneys are active in several AHLA leadership positions and practice groups, including:
- Board of Directors
- Public Interest Committee
- Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
- Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Practice Group
- Health Care Reform Educational Task Force
- Fraud and Abuse Practice Group
- Program Planning Committee of the Fraud and Compliance Institute
AHLA is the nation's largest, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) educational organization devoted to legal issues in the health care field with 13,000 members. More information about the organization can be found at www.healthlawyers.org.