Nashville, Tenn., (May 21, 2015) – Three years after opening our Washington, D.C. office, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked the firm's Healthcare practice in the East Coast category. According to the publication's research, the healthcare team stands out for "its deep industry experience, regularly handling large-scale transactions and complex regulatory matters from its Tennessee base."
The firm received a #1 ranking from Chambers USA 2015 in the Tennessee category in six practice areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate
Bass, Berry & Sims was ranked #1 more times than any other firm in the Tennessee category.
In addition, thirty-six Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys have been listed as leaders in Chambers USA 2015. Thirty-five of those listed are from the firm's offices in Nashville and Memphis, the most attorneys listed of any firm in the state of Tennessee. Listings are based on thousands of in-depth interviews by Chambers USA staff who researched the strengths and reputations of attorneys all across the United States.
Four firm attorneys received additional recognitions:
- C. Dewees Berry IV was named a "Senior Statesman" in Real Estate and Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. Bob F. Thompson was named a "Senior Statesman" for his Banking & Finance and Banking & Finance: Regulatory practice. A "Senior Statesman" is an attorney who no longer works hands-on with the same intensity but who, by virtue of close links with major clients, remains pivotal to the firm's success.
- James H. Cheek III was named a "Star Individual" for his Corporate/M&A practice. A "Star" ranking is given to attorneys with exceptional recommendations in their field.
- Todd J. Rolapp was named an "Eminent Practitioner" in Corporate/M&A. "Eminent Practitioners" are highly influential attorneys in a particular practice area who, due to managerial or client relationship commitments, are less active in day-to-day work but remain key players in the team.
Bass, Berry & Sims' attorneys were listed as leaders in the following practice areas in Tennessee and Washington, D.C.:
- H. Lee Barfield II – Litigation: General Commercial
- C. Dewees Berry IV – Real Estate (Senior Statesman); Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Senior Statesman)
- James H. Cheek III – Corporate/M&A (Star Individual)
- Matthew M. Curley – Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud
- Michael L. Dagley – Litigation: General Commercial
- J. Page Davidson – Corporate/M&A
- Wallace W. Dietz – Litigation: General Commercial
- Felix R. Dowsley III – Banking & Finance
- Mary Beth Fortugno – Healthcare (Recognized Practitioner)
- Tim K. Garrett – Labor & Employment
- J. Andrew Goddard – Environment
- B. Riney Green – Corporate/M&A
- Bob Horton – Labor & Employment
- Angela Humphreys – Healthcare
- J. James Jenkins Jr. – Healthcare
- Paul G. Jennings – Litigation: Bankruptcy
- Howard H. Lamar III – Corporate/M&A
- Claire F. Miley – Healthcare: Regulatory
- Michael Moschel – Labor & Employment
- J. Allen Overby – Corporate M/A
- William N. Ozier – Labor & Employment
- Michael S. Peek – Real Estate
- Cynthia Y. Reisz – Healthcare; Healthcare: Regulatory
- Brian D. Roark – Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud
- Todd J. Rolapp – Corporate/M&A (Eminent Practitioner)
- Cynthia N. Sellers – Banking & Finance
- D. Mark Sheets – Real Estate
- James S. Tate Jr. – Banking & Finance
- G. Scott Thomas – Environment
- Bob F. Thompson – Banking & Finance (Senior Statesman); Banking & Finance: Regulatory (Senior Statesman)
- Overton Thompson III – Litigation: General Commercial
- F. Mitchell Walker Jr. – Corporate/M&A
- Leigh Walton – Healthcare
- Richard R. Spore III – Real Estate
- John A. Stemmler – Real Estate
- Thaddeus R. McBride – International Trade: Export Controls & Economic Sanctions
About Chambers and Partners
Chambers and Partners, based in London, began as general book publishers in 1969. Since 1990, they have published the Chambers Guide to the UK legal profession. The USA Guide was first introduced in 2003. For more information on rankings, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
About Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
With more than 220 attorneys representing numerous publicly traded companies and Fortune 500 businesses, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC has been involved in some of the largest and most significant business transactions and litigation matters in the country. For more information, visit www.bassberry.com.