Michael Dagley of Bass, Berry & Sims was interviewed for the article "7 Ways to Protect Your Hospital from Health IT Gone Wrong" that was published online June 20 by Becker's Hospital Review. The article outlines in detail the ways healthcare companies should protect themselves in disputes with healthcare IT vendors.
Michael's seven tips include:
- Record the specifics of discussions
- Incorporate all marketing promises in the contract
- Include repercussions for failing to meet marketing promises in contract
- Don’t be the first to use the software
- Get input from others who have used the same product
- Seek guidance from expert counsel
- Stick with what works
To read the full article, click here.