Nashville, Tenn., (May 27, 2014) – Thirty-six Bass, Berry & Sims PLC attorneys have been listed as leaders in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, the most attorneys listed of any firm in the state of Tennessee. Listings are based on thousands of in-depth interviews by Chambers USA staff who researched the strengths and reputations of attorneys all across the United States.
The firm as a whole received a #1 ranking for Tennessee in six practice areas: Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Environment, Healthcare, Litigation (General Commercial) and Real Estate. Bass, Berry & Sims was ranked #1 more times than any other firm in the Tennessee category.
Three firm attorneys received additional recognition:
- C. Dewees Berry IV was named a "Senior Statesmen" in Real Estate and Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. A Senior Statesman is an attorney who no longer works hands-on with the same intensity but who, by virtue of close links with major clients, remains pivotal to the firm’s success.
- James H. Cheek III was named a "Star Individual" for his Corporate/M&A practice. A Star ranking is given to attorneys with exceptional recommendations in their field.
- Todd J. Rolapp was named an "Eminent Practitioner" in Corporate/M&A. Eminent Practitioners are highly influential attorneys in a particular practice area who, due to managerial or client relationship commitments, are less active in day-to-day work but remain key players in the team.
Bass, Berry & Sims' attorneys were listed as leaders in the following practice areas in Tennessee:
- H. Lee Barfield II – Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Medical Malpractice Defense
- C. Dewees Berry IV – Real Estate; Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- James H. Cheek III – Corporate/M&A
- Matthew M. Curley – Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud
- Michael L. Dagley – Litigation: General Commercial
- J. Page Davidson – Corporate/M&A
- Wallace W. Dietz – Litigation: General Commercial
- Felix R. Dowsley III – Banking & Finance
- Tim K. Garrett – Labor & Employment
- J. Andrew Goddard – Environment
- B. Riney Green – Corporate/M&A
- Bob Horton – Labor & Employment
- Angela Humphreys – Healthcare
- James J. Jenkins Jr. – Healthcare
- Paul G. Jennings – Litigation: Bankruptcy
- Howard H. Lamar III – Corporate/M&A
- Claire F. Miley – Healthcare: Regulatory
- Michael Moschel – Labor & Employment
- J. Allen Overby – Corporate M/A
- William N. Ozier – Labor & Employment
- Michael S. Peek – Real Estate
- Cynthia Y. Reisz – Healthcare; Healthcare: Regulatory
- Brian D. Roark – Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud
- Todd J. Rolapp – Corporate/M&A
- Cynthia N. Sellers – Banking & Finance
- D. Mark Sheets – Real Estate
- James S. Tate Jr. – Banking & Finance
- G. Scott Thomas – Environment
- Bob F. Thompson – Banking & Finance; Banking & Finance: Regulatory
- Overton Thompson III – Litigation: General Commercial
- F. Mitchell Walker Jr. – Corporate/M&A
- Leigh Walton – Healthcare
- Brook Lathram – Litigation: General Commercial
- John Speer – Litigation: General Commercial
- Richard R. Spore III – Real Estate
- John A. Stemmler – Real Estate
About Chambers and Partners
Chambers and Partners, based in London, began as general book publishers in 1969. Since 1990, they have published the Chambers Guide to the UK legal profession. The USA Guide was first introduced in 2003. For more information on rankings, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
About Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
With more than 200 attorneys representing numerous publicly traded companies and Fortune 500 businesses, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC has been involved in some of the largest and most significant business transactions and litigation matters in the country. For more information, visit www.bassberry.com.