Nashville, Tenn., (May 28, 2013) – Thirty-six Bass, Berry & Sims PLC attorneys have been listed as leaders in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, the most attorneys listed of any firm in the state of Tennessee. Listings are based on thousands of in-depth interviews by Chambers USA staff who researched the strengths and reputations of attorneys all across the United States.
The firm as a whole received a #1 ranking for Tennessee in seven practice areas:
Bass, Berry & Sims was ranked #1 more times than any other firm in the Tennessee category.
Two firm attorneys received additional recognitions:
James H. Cheek III was named a "Star Individual" for his Corporate/M&A practice. A "Star" ranking is given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field.
John A. Good was listed as a leader nationwide for his Capital Markets: REITs practice.
Bass, Berry & Sims' attorneys were listed as leaders in the following practice areas in Tennessee:
- H. Lee Barfield II – Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Medical Malpractice Defense
- C. Dewees Berry IV – Real Estate; Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- James H. Cheek III – Corporate/M&A
- Matthew M. Curley – Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud
- Michael L. Dagley – Litigation: General Commercial
- J. Page Davidson – Corporate/M&A
- Wallace W. Dietz – Litigation: General Commercial
- Felix R. Dowsley III – Banking & Finance
- Tim K. Garrett – Labor & Employment
- J. Andrew Goddard – Environment
- Dale Grimes – Litigation: General Commercial
- Bob Horton – Labor & Employment
- Angela Humphreys – Healthcare
- Paul G. Jennings – Litigation: Bankruptcy
- Howard H. Lamar III – Corporate/M&A
- Claire F. Miley – Healthcare: Regulatory
- Michael Moschel – Labor & Employment
- J. Allen Overby – Corporate M/A
- William N. Ozier – Labor & Employment
- Michael S. Peek – Real Estate
- Cynthia Y. Reisz – Healthcare; Healthcare: Regulatory
- Brian D. Roark – Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud
- Todd J. Rolapp – Corporate/M&A
- Cynthia N. Sellers – Banking & Finance
- D. Mark Sheets – Real Estate
- James S. Tate Jr. – Banking & Finance
- G. Scott Thomas – Environment
- Bob F. Thompson – Banking & Finance; Banking & Finance: Regulatory
- Overton Thompson III – Litigation: General Commercial
- F. Mitchell Walker Jr. – Corporate/M&A
- Leigh Walton – Healthcare
- John A. Good – Corporate/M&A
- Brook Lathram – Litigation: General Commercial
- John Speer – Litigation: General Commercial
- Richard R. Spore III – Real Estate
- John A. Stemmler – Real Estate
About Chambers and Partners
Chambers and Partners, based in London, began as general book publishers in 1969. Since 1990, they have published the Chambers Guide to the UK legal profession. The USA Guide was first introduced in 2003. For more information on rankings, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
About Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
With more than 200 attorneys representing numerous publicly traded companies and Fortune 500 businesses, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC has been involved in some of the largest and most significant business transactions and litigation matters in the country. For more information, visit www.bassberry.com.