Meredith’s practice focuses on transactional, operational and regulatory needs for a broad range of healthcare providers and companies, including hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, physician practice groups, specialty pharmacies, biotech and medical device companies, and pharmaceutical manufacturers and suppliers.
Mergers & Acquisitions: Meredith advises healthcare related companies, both on the provider and supplier side, through a broad range of transaction arrangements including mergers, acquisitions, syndications, joint ventures and strategic investment opportunities, including:
- Representing buyers and corporate managers through the drafting of asset purchase agreements and ancillary transaction documents, as well as the analysis of existing physician relationships and other due diligence matters
- Coordinating private equity investments, venture capital and growth equity financing and recapitalizations
Contracting, Regulatory and Operational Matters: Meredith conducts thorough regulatory analysis and advises clients on the various operational impacts they face, including:
- Assisting providers and related entities in facilitating clinical research arrangements
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements between large physician groups and medical device developers and manufacturers
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements related to the shift toward physician/hospital integration
- Representing hospitals and physician practices regarding fraud and abuse, physician self-referral and fee-splitting issues, including structuring physician financial arrangements and compensation methodologies
- "Insight from DC: An Overview of Hot Topics from the Hill," Medical Device & Dignostic Ethics and Compliance Conference, October 21-22, 2013
- Provided insight for the article "23andMe: State of the Debate," Bio-IT World, November 27, 2013
- Provided insight for the article "Shelley DuBois: 23andme DNA kits come under fire," The Tennessean, December 4, 2013
Prior to joining the firm, Meredith completed an internship with the University of Mississippi Office of the General Counsel and interned with former United States Majority Leader William H. Frist. She also completed courses at Georgetown University while participating in the Fund for American Studies Program at Georgetown University and was a page representing the Tennessee delegation at the 2004 National Republican Convention.
Meredith has volunteered with Ghanian orphans in the Volta Region of Ghana and enjoys live music, traveling, cooking and the outdoors.