Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Mike Kiklis will co-present a webinar titled "Drafting and Defending Software Patents to Survive Section 101 and AIA Challenges" hosted by Strafford. The speakers will provide insights on anticipating and minimizing the risk of 101 and 103 rejections and examine recent court guidance following the Supreme Court's 2014 decision in Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank Int'l.
During the webinar, the panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the hurdles for patent counsel to demonstrate a software-related claim is not abstract?
- If an abstract idea is found, how can patent practitioners pass Alice's step two?
- What guidance have the courts provided in recent decisions concerning patent eligibility for software-related inventions?
- What best practices should counsel use to help software-related inventions survive AIA challenges?
- What is the best way to defend against §101 pre-trial attacks?
The webinar will be held Tuesday, July 17, 2018, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. EDT. For more information and to register for the webinar, visit the Strafford website.