Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Michael Moschel will present "The Complexities and Challenges of Social Media in the Workplace" to attendees at the HRA-NCA Chapter meeting. The presentation will include:
- How to create a clear social media policy for the employer's handbook when social media itself is constantly evolving.
- Different internal policies for the employee's personal social media accounts and the company's social media accounts.
- What is the best way for an employer to enforce its social media policies?
- What is an employer prohibited from doing in relation to social media accounts? Discussion of NLRB guidance.
- What kind of employee conduct is protected? Provide examples of lawsuits and outcomes.
- What should an employer should do if it Googles an employee and finds out an employee is engaged in off duty conduct that is unacceptable.
- What employers need to be wary of when using social media to investigate potential candidates and/or in the hiring process
- Recommendations for a successful social media strategy.
The meeting is September 16, 2015 in Washington, D.C. For more information and registration, visit the HRA-NCA website.
*1.0 General HRCI and/or SHRM credit hours awarded.