Bass, Berry & Sims attorney John Kelly will speak on March 25 at CBI's Third-Party Risk, Audits & Oversight Conference. John's topic is "Assess Risks Involved in Working with Third-Party Intermediaries in Emerging and High Corruption Markets." During the session, John will guide attendees through the risks involved and highlight the importance of
- Considering not just the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) of the country, but understanding the political and economic stability of the country, local law, sanctions and licensing requirements
- Understanding the entire process of the proposed transaction to follow the money and goods to the consumer
- Determining what the business rationale is for onboarding the proposed third-party and what service it will provide on your company's behalf
- Analyzing both internal and external personnel to ensure there is no connection that could be perceived as a kickback
- Identifying if the proposed third-party will enlist the help of any other entity in order to complete the transaction on behalf of your company
The conference will be held March 25-26 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
For more information, please click here.