Bass, Berry & Sims is proud to be one of the sponsors of the 28th National Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act to be held November 15-16, 2012 at the Gaylord National Resort & Conference Center in Washington, D.C. In addition, attorney Wally Dietz will take part in a panel discussion titled "The Role of the Board in FCPA Compliance: How to Effectively Communicate with the Board and Ensure Board Buy-In and Support of Your FCPA Compliance Initiatives." The session will provide insights on:
- The role of the board in FCPA compliance - expectations, training and education
- How to obtain board buy-in and support of your compliance program
- How to translate day to day board oversight into your FCPA compliance program
- When and how a company should disclose a discovered or potential issue to the government
- Addressing board expectations concerning oversight, engagement and management
- Communication - what is the right level of communication with the board?
- Independence of audit committees and the board - when to get legal counsel